November 21, 2023| 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm, Pacific |In person
Hosted by Orange County
Speaker James Conaway LUTCF, CSPG, CRC, LACP, CTEC and Jerry Sheby, CFP
Join the Orange County Chapter of EA with reviewing the complex IRA Issues and the Secure Act 2.0. This class will start with charitable planning with Jim Conaway. He will discuss the charity rules for our clients with IRA's, identify what a charitable gift is, the type of property that qualifies as a charitable contribution of ordinary income property, code section 664 and AFRS impact on usability and much more! The next part of the class will review the Secures Act 2.0 with Jerry Sheby. He will provide a complete overview of the tax regulations pertaining to IRS. The topics reviewed will be the limits on contributions, catchup provisions for taxpayers age 50 and older, changes to the IRA distributions for RMDS and missed RMD, and much more!
1. Learn how the Secure Act 2.0 expands the cap on qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) from IRAs.
Learning Level Basic
2. Know your responsibility as a practitioner and how to advise your clients.
3. Learn about the new increased age for mandatory RMDs.
4. Learn how the Secure Act 2.0 effects charitable giving.
5. Review the new federal government matching fund program for low and middle-income taxpayers.
Prerequisites & Advance Preparation None
IRS: 4 hours Federal Tax Topics | CTEC: 4 hours Federal Tax Topics | CA Bar: 3.50 hours Taxation Law | CPA CA: 4 hours Taxes
Member: $128| Non-Member: $158 until Sunday 11/19/23
Member: $139 |Non-Member: $168 from Monday 11/20/23 and day of the event
Santa Ana Elks Lodge
1751 S Elk Ln, Santa Ana, CA 92705
(Registration at the door is permitted but meals will be limited to availability if not pre-registered)
Please contact the host Chapter at email@example.com for refund/cancellation policies related to this event.